Author: Patty Green
Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias affect everyone in someway. You either know someone who has it, you have it, or you're going to get it. More than 5 million people are currently living with Alzheimer's disease or other types of dementia. It is the third leading cause of death in older Americans. There is no cure. In most cases, there is no answer to what causes the disease. It is unavoidable. It turns lives upside down. We fear dementia for good reason. It turns us into someone our family doesn't recognize. People struggle with this disease because they have no knowledge of how to care for family members who have it. It feels hopeless. The reality of this insidious disease is that it touches us in unpredictable ways. Everyone has questions and wonders where to turn for answers. But What if…. You could make a plan? This book will give you answers to the questions that those affected by this disease need to be asking. In Case I Forget will help you:
• Understand what dementia is - and is not.
• Understand universal needs and a quality of life.
• Know what care options are available.
• Understand and face your fears.
• Tell your story - in case you forget.
• Share it.What if we don't let this disease steal everything from us by planning ahead?Tie a string around your finger and read In Case I Forget.